Setting profile permissions
Use profile permissions to decide what profile information each category of user on Firefly can view.
For example, you may like to allow teachers to see student profile pictures but for students to be unable see one another's profile picture.
Profile permissions are also used to define who can view content which is set as private or public in personal sections.
Please contact email@example.com if you would like any extra help in checking that these permissions are set correctly.
- Profile - the key facts, such as groups, sets and teachers etc found at the top of the profile page
- Profile pictures - the images associated with individuals and groups of individuals on Firefly
- Attendance and behaviour - information pulled from the MIS (Parent Portal only)
- Timetable - each user's timetable as pulled from the MIS
- Marks and feedback - a summary of the latest tasks that have been marked
- Tasks - a summary of the latest tasks that have been sent
From Control Panel, choose Advanced > Profile Permissions. You can also access this from the link at the top of any profile page.
Choose the element of the profile page that you would like to set permissions for.
Choose which users are able to view this element for any profile. In this example, we are setting permissions for the key facts on the profile page and have selected that Teachers and Firefly Administrators can view all profiles.
Choose which users have access to some profiles. In this case, parents can see their children's profile pages. Note that some of these choices only apply to certain groups. E.g. The choice 'Their Tutors' is only relevant to students. Similarly, 'Their Tutor Pupils' is only relevant when considering what teachers will view.
Use View site as to check the settings you have made by visiting some profiles as if you were a student or parent etc.