Preparing data - iSAMS
Learn the best way to prepare iSAMS before integrating with Firefly.
- Ensure that all staff has a linked user account. Staff accounts must be created from a staff record. This option is available in the Control Panel under User Accounts, before searching for any user. Any staff created without being linked needs to have their user account deleted and recreated through here. Staff listed in the Create Staff Users dialogue in the screenshot below do not have linked profiles.
- Complete the email address field in each student's Core Profile. They won't be able to log in otherwise.
For each user, Firefly will issue a password-setting link when they enter an email address that matches the one in their iSAMS Core Profile — they'll need access to that inbox to log in for the first time. Firefly will also use that address when sending out notifications for tasks, messages and recommended pages etc.
- Add parent email addresses. For a parent to come through in Parent Portal, they must have a distinct email address in their child's contact information. You don't need to create an iSAMS user account for the parents. If you have teachers that are also parents, the email address in their child's contact information must be different from their teacher user account email.
- Review your groups. The groups Firefly will pull through are: Years, Classes, Houses and Form Groups for the current academic year. You can also configure your integration to allow your custom groups to come through.
- Allocate your weeks. If you don't, events may not be displayed in Firefly. You can configure week allocation as below:
<variable name="auto_tt_weeks" type="inparam"> full name1, full name2 </variable>
Please note you'll need to set the variable to the full names of your timetables, exactly as they are in the drop-down (including any spaces). For example, if using the example above, you would need to put Week A, Week B.
Once the integration is working, you can add another line in sqlkeyring.config to enable custom groups.
Below the last <include file=... and above </database>, add the following line: